Inlays and Onlays
Restore Your Attractive Smile with Inlays & Onlays at Glen Cove
Dental inlays and onlays are the best methods to maintain the structure of your natural teeth. It is the best way to care for teeth as porcelain onlays and inlays are resilient and durable. Dr. Chitvan Gupta and her team of professional dentists offer dental inlay and onlay procedures at Glen Cove’s premier clinic, One and Truly Dental.
Moreover, onlay and inlay dental procedures in Glen Cove will help restore damaged areas while preserving the healthy structural integrity of the tooth. Dental experts at Glen Cove provide good practice tips and dental procedures after a proper check-up. Just keep in mind good dental procedures aids to keep your smile healthy and beautiful.
What are Inlays and Onlays?
With the advancement in technology, modern cosmetic dentistry made it possible to address the structural issues of the teeth. These are the special kind of fillings that are similar to tooth-colored or composite fillings except that they are made in the dental laboratory. They generally require two visits before being rightly placed.
Nowadays, porcelain onlays and inlays are used as they are natural-looking fillings that help repair and smoothen the surface of your tooth. This makes your tooth stronger and prevents dental issues in the future. They are great for your teeth having cavities that require less extensive repair than a dental crown but more serious to need something more supportive than a normal dental filling.
Inlays and onlays are ideal for teeth that have small cracks or fractures that need to get restored. Porcelain onlays and inlays are a preferred conservative choice that ensures maximum preservation of your tooth.
Though inlays and onlays serve the same purpose, there are minute differences that are:
- Inlays: They are placed and bonded in the center of the tooth. Often they are used for damaged or decayed teeth where the problematic areas are wide though shallow and near the tooth’s outer surfaces.
- Onlays: Also known as partial crowns, onlays are helpful in the case where the previous filling has failed and needs replacement or where there is a need to repair a large cavity. Onlays are used to repair damaged multiple cusps as well.
Both help in providing more support and strength to your tooth structure minimizing the chances of further treatment like dental implants, crowns, or bridges.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
They are a great solution for your teeth restoration and other benefits including:
- Natural Looking: The porcelain onlays and inlays mimic your natural teeth and are unlikely to fade with time. If made correctly they function and feel like your natural teeth.
- Easy to Clean: Due to their perfect fitting and less bulky than crowns, inlays and onlays make flossing and brushing of the teeth easy. Moreover, they are resistant to stains.
- Custom Fit: Dentists require impressions of your existing tooth to create a mold and fit the inlays or onlays tightly to your tooth.
- Long-lasting: The porcelain material used for inlays and onlays is pretty durable and lasts a long time. They can last for more than 30 years, unlike traditional fillings.
- Durable and Strong: Once porcelain binds to the tooth, it adds support and strength to the damaged tooth.
- Safe: Inlays and onlays with porcelain material do not expand or contract with cold or hot drinks and foods. Thus, it doesn’t cause a crack in your teeth.
What We Recommend and Why?
Inlays and onlays are special fillings that are used when not enough tooth structure remains to support a filling but the tooth is not so severely damaged that it needs a crown.
Inlays are similar to fillings but the entire work lies within the cusps (bumps) on the chewing surface of the tooth. Onlays are more extensive than inlays, covering one or more cusps. Onlays are sometimes called partial crowns.
Contact Our Inlay and Only Specialists at Glen Cove
At One and Truly Dental, Glen Cove, we strive to preserve and save as much of your natural teeth as possible. We have been providing cosmetic dental services in Glen Cove, New York for many decades and aim to implement the advanced techniques and tools to enhance your smile.
If you want to restore your teeth in inlays and onlays, call us today to schedule a consultation.
Get In Touch
70 Glen St
#240 Glen Cove NY
Mon: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Tue 9:30AM – 7:00PM
Wed: 2:00PM – 6:00PM
Thu: 9:30AM – 7:00PM
Sat: 9:00AM – 2:00PM